My Haircare Essentials

Saturday, 25 January 2014
Yes I admit I have been blessed with super thick hair, I often get asked if I am wearing extensions or what my secret is but the truth of it is, it's 90% genetics. My mum, sister and I all have the same hair and I just got lucky. However I definitely have a few favourite haircare products which help me make the most of what I was given. 

Because my hair is so thick I am quite lucky that I can straighten, curl and dye it to death without too much breakage, however that being said it does have it's moments when it is looking a little tired and raggedy which is why I always use Timotei Brilliant Repair. As well as smelling like you are rubbing a Pina Colada into your hair it leaves my hair feeling super soft and healthy.



When a good conditioner just isn't enough, I use my Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask. I love all Moroccan oil products, my hair is on the dry side so it just soaks up products like these without leaving me looking like a grease ball. I use this after I've shampoo'd and leave it on for around 10 minutes. When I am on holiday I sometimes leave it on over night to give my hair a really deep treatment which makes it unbelievable soft and nourished.


I love styling tools, and will probably do a separate post all about how I like to style my hair but before I use them I always apply heat protecting products. At the moment I love to use my Aveda damage remedy serum, it's a really great leave in treatment that helps to eliminate some of the damage from my beloved curling iron.


One of my new favourites is the Bumble and Bumble Semi Sumo lo hold pomade. This is not really a product I would have thought to use in the past as it is more of a wax than an oil or serum which I generally gravitate towards but it is a really great product to help give you a dishevelled undone look which I really like at the moment. 



Last but not least, my holy grail hair product that I couldn't live without is Batiste dry shampoo. This is probably the cheapest product on the list, although Timotei is really great value too, but I absolutely love this dry shampoo. I am lucky that my hair doesn't ever get terribly greasy because as I said it is on the dry side but whenever I am having a bad hair day and don't have time to do anything super sophisticated to improve it Batiste has always come to my rescue. Just massage a few sprays into your roots and tadaaa fresh hair in seconds.


Let me know what you think of these products and if there are any you love that you think I should try!

x
Post Comment
Post a Comment