I have been dying my hair for over 10 years and bar a few awkward phases where I experimented with other colours, i have pretty much always been blonde. Although I love having blonde hair and would never go over to the dark side again, i have found myself getting a little bored of it over the last few months so I decided to try something a little different...
This is actually the hairdressers second attempt at doing this on my hair as the first time I asked for it the colour came out too warm for my liking and so I decided to go back and have it done again. This time we chose colours that were much cooler in tone and although you can still see the warmer colour a bit, I am much happier with how it looks now.
To achieve this look my stylist used a 'balayage' technique all over the roots where she essentially painted the dye on to my hair, dragging it down to give a fading effect. She then used a fine comb and some lighter blonde though my tips to give them more of a sun kissed effect.
The results are a natural and subtle 'smudgy root' which I am really happy with.
What do you think?
x



It really suits you! I love Kim Kardashian's look, I'm slowly getting lighter and lighter - maybe one day I'll brave it!
ReplyDeleteRuth :)
www.excusemeforawhile.com
Ah thank you! I am finally happy with it. It's nice to have a change every now and then - be brave! x
ReplyDelete