As you know I'm a massive foodie, and for me there is one meal that is the king of them all, and that's brunch.
Ottolenghi is one of these fancy smancy brunch spots in London that is massively well loved, with queues up the street and for good reason. Some people just pop in to pick up some tasty to go treats, and there is a lot to choose from.
Even though we were eating in I couldn't resist taking one of these guys to go...
...and one of these. I mean passionfruit meringue pie, how could I resist!
They also do lots of healthy salads and veggies to go, at £10 for a small box though it is definitely a weekend treat type of place rather than an every day lunch spot.
Unfortunately as the restaurant is only small there was a bit of a wait but we really wanted to make it in time for brunch so we dug our heels in and stayed in line. Luckily a big group left before brunch finished serving so we were shown to our seats and managed to order our food just before the clock struck twelve.
I love the patterns on the cappuccinos, so pretty.
I ordered the scrambled eggs with creme fresh and smoked salmon and let me tell you, these were some good eggs.
Sophie got the cinnamon french toast and Shauna went with the outside choice of the chorizo and bean with egg on toast.
I have to say it was totally worth the wait.
x



Oh gosh, this food is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSophie
http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
xxx
Every time I look at these pictures it makes me want to go back!! x
ReplyDeleteI travelled with a few friends a train journey to ottelenghi! The sweets were the yummiest ever.. x
ReplyDelete