Last week London hosted the Autumn/Winter 2014 shows.
Despite London having a reputation for having some of the best, if not the best, high street fashion in the world, our fashion weeks have always been the black sheep of the fashion world. However over the last few years a lot of big British brands like Burberry and Matthew Williamson have returned to show in London and with them there has been a revival of the London fashion week scene.
Suddenly the big fashion editors are returning to our shores and the buzz is bigger than ever. All we need now is Victoria Beckham to return to her roots and the transition will be complete.
That being said one thing London does better than any of the other 3 cities is embrace its up and coming designers, the mavericks of fashion if you will. These designers show at London Fashion Scout. I accompanied the lovely and beautiful Sammi AKA BeautyCrush to do some filming with the makeup sponsors The Body Shop, here is little summary of the weekend!
Sammi got the chance to interview the head makeup artist Lan who took us though each look she created for the shows.
More pink for the merit award Xiao Li.
I love seeing the makeup smudge charts and getting to see the exact products they used on the models. The makeup obsessed girl in me was definitely more intrigued by the beauty then the fashion which at times was not exactly to my taste.
My favourite show of the weekend was Zeynep Kartal. I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to fashion, if it's pretty, glamorous or indeed sparkly (or anything by Burberry) I will probably like it. This show ticked a lot of those boxes.
It was fun to be able to go back stage at all the shows before taking our seats to watch the models sashay down the catwalk. We saw the manic, frantic storm before the calm that you don't usually get to see which was interesting. At any one time there could be up to 4 people working on just one model to get her looking perfect - makeup tweaking, dressing, painting nails, applying lotion, hair spraying you name it we saw it.
The makeup was a really beautiful fresher, more youthful take on the old hollywood classic look.
The last show I went to was Belle Sauvage. The makeup was absolutely stunning for this show and the models were just breath taking.
I ran into my friend Stevie for the last show, he tried to give the pouty models a run for their money...
It was a bit of a surreal couple of days, the team at the Body Shop were absolutely brilliant and lovely and I am officially obsessed with the whole makeup collection.
x














Like you I think I'm more into the makeup than the clothes but the Belle Sauvage collection looks very glamorous.
ReplyDelete