Steak & Co.

Thursday, 6 February 2014
Last week to celebrate my friend Sophie's birthday we took a little visit to Steak & Co. and it was good!

The night started with a few after work wines in Browns, I have to say I had never been in Browns before but have heard good things about the food there, the atmosphere was really chilled and relatively calm for a Friday night bar in the middle of Soho.


After we finished our drinks we all headed over to Steak & Co on St Martins Lane. I have walked passed this place so many times while I was working in Covent Garden but had never really thought that it looked like anything special. From the outside it looks just like a normal steak house chain but before Christmas my parents wondered in on a whim and absolutely raved about it so I knew we had to give it a go.


Steak takes up the majority of the menu, no surprises there. All you have to do is pick your meat cut and how your like it cooked, you then choose your butter, shake and sauce. I went with the fillet, medium rare with garlic butter, salt and bearnaise sauce.

The girls stayed on the red wine picking a Malbec on the basis that in the menu it said it was "just begging to be enjoyed with steak". For starters we all shared with our partners, the boy and I went with the baked camembert.


The starters were good but the steaks were GREAT.


They sear off your meat for you so it doesn't turn up totally raw and then it is up to you to cook it on your own little hot plate. I sprinkled the salt and a dollop of garlic butter to the stone before adding my meat. The end result was just delicious.


The sides were right up my street, sweet potato fries and mac and cheese.


After we had all emptied our plates we ordered up a trio of desserts, we couldn't very well not get the birthday girl a little candle to blow out!


We ordered the tart tartin, rocky road cheese cake and chocolate melt.


The rocky road cheesecake was my favourite, just so scrummy!



With the waists bands a bit tighter we made our way across Soho for some of these...


A perfect evening in great company.

x
Post Comment
Post a Comment