Hello Fresh

Tuesday, 15 April 2014
A few weeks ago this box filled with yummy goodies landed on my office desk. Naturally my first thought was "how on earth am I going to get this home?!" luckily I have a big strong boyfriend who came to my rescue with the promise of a home cooked meal ringing in his ears of course.


Hello Fresh is a company that send you a box of ingredients, vegetables, meat, herbs everything, along with specific recipes you can make with the produce you were sent. I was sent a box with 3 different recipe options, as he did all the heavy lifting the boy got to pick which one he wanted - he chose the ratatouille and pork meatballs.


All the products are super fresh naturally, the meat is all kept totally separately in a sealed bag with freeze packs so they can stay in the box for a while and still be totally safe to eat.


The recipes have easy 8 step instructions which for me who is far from a whiz in the kitchen was so so helpful.


First step was to get all my ingredients ready and start chopping!

I peeled and chopped the potato into small cubes and boiled for 10 minutes. Once they were soft I drained the water and mashed away.


 Then came some more chopping... 


Half the garlic went in a non stick pan for a quick sizzle followed by the peppers and courgettes on a low heat.



Once the vegetables were soft I added the chopped tomatoes. 

Now for the meatballs, these were a mix of pork mince and mince meat, I have never made meatballs in my life so it was a bit of a messy experience but I kind of liked it! I mixed the meat and the mash together along with some parmesan, garlic and herbs.


Once the meatball mix is ready split it up into golf ball sized balls and cover in breadcrumbs.


Sear off the meatballs till they are golden on the outside before putting them in the oven for 10 minutes.


It's not the fanciest of meals so presentation leaves a lot to be desired but it was super tasty and the boy definitely wasn't complaining.


I would definitely recommend signing up to hello fresh if you are anything like me and can never seem to find the time to shop or cook really nice meals with fresh ingredients. Enjoy!

x

4 comments on "Hello Fresh"
  1. what a great idea! The meatballs look lovely x

    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - thanks so much, i'm not a great chef but this made it so easy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte Davis30 April 2014 at 17:48

    oh wow i have never even heard of this subscription service before! Thank you again for showig me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment, it's a great concept isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete