Prêt-a-Portea for Three

Tuesday, 22 April 2014
One Sunday a few weeks back two of my best friends and I came to the decision that we all could use a little pick me up so decided to spoil each other and go for high tea at the Berkeley in London.

I've wanted to go for tea at the Berkeley for years, they do a special fashion inspired tea which takes its inspiration for the latest trends and designs from the catwalk. All very swish and cool but it turns out also really delicious and totally worth the hype.


There are millions (ok not literally millions but a lot) of amazing teas to choose from. Shauna and I went for Vanilla and Soph opted for the fresh mint. I also went on to try the pear and caramel as they let you try as many as you like. All were incredible.


The waiter comes along to explain what all of the patisseries have been inspired by - it's definitely a loose interpretation when it comes to some of the things... how much can a macaroon really look like a dress, but still A for effort.


The presentation of each individual treat was incredible and the flavours and textures were really powerful and unusual.


The sweet stuff was naturally my favourite so we whisked past the sandwiches and savoury bits quite quickly but again every little detail was really well thought out and it was all d-lish.


Unfortunately we don't get to do such lovely things as often as we would like so it was really fun to soak it all in. We definitely took our time ordering seconds and thirds and had the chance to have a proper catch up with one another.


The macaroons were probably my favourite if I had to pick one thing... I can't even remember now what they tasted like but they were blooming fantastic.


The Burberry Trench biscuit was one of the most like it's original.


Even though we devoured our whole tower they still offered us take away boxes of our favourite treats to take home which is a lovely touch and the boy was very happy when he saw me come though the door with my little take away bag (literally a bag).


My only negative about this place is it's a bit too "cool" for the simple scone which I personally love and think should be part of any tea experience - anywhere. That being said definitely check this place out if you are looking for somewhere a little bit special and dare I say "on trend" to go for tea. 

x
3 comments on "Prêt-a-Portea for Three"
  1. It looks amazing but is it really expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good - but yes a little pricey at £39 each. Totally worth it though! xx

    ReplyDelete