Pink doors and public houses

Friday, 16 May 2014
Bank holiday Monday's are a thing of pure genius, that extra day off can make all the difference, that is if you use it well!


I tend to spend mine in PJs all day catching up with rubbish TV and sleep, but last week I decided to make a little bit more effort and with the promise of a sunny day I decided it was about time I let my legs out for the first time in a long long time!

The boy and I made plans to meet up with some friends at one of my favourite gastro pubs in London, The Garrison on Bermondsey Street.


I used to work on Bermondsey Street so it was one of my favourites from years ago and i'm so pleased that it's still serving up the same yummy food in the same relaxed atmosphere as it always has done.


A lot of our table eyed up the burgers and I have to admit I was tempted, but instead I went for the chicken and avocado grilled sandwich with a side of mac and cheese, naturally.


Thank yous go to my wonderful bestie Sophie for taking the pictures, I know I can be tiresome to some people with my incessant photo taking but she is always happy to take a snap or two - big love.


I'm obsessed with the nail polish i'm wearing here - it's from the new Rita Ora for Rimmel collection which i have to say is SO good. The polishes are all really opaque so only need one coat and they dry super quick.

The food was super as always, I already want to go back as there were so many things on the menu I could have chosen. I couldn't resist a little pud too, I went with the apple and cranberry crumble which was crunchy and delicious.


After lunch we headed across the road to the woolpack AKA my old watering hole for a quick drink before heading home into my PJs.

Soph was kind enough to take my very first outfit of the day pictures so I thought I would share them here.


My shorts and boots are both Topshop, you can find the shorts here. My T-shirt is Asos and my Jacket is from Zara, link here. My bag is Michael Kors, you can find more info in my 'What's in my handbag post' .


Let me know what you think as I might start doing more posts like this. I am hoping they will come in handy when I'm having a fashion crisis and forget what goes with what in my wardrobe!

x
4 comments on "Pink doors and public houses"
  1. I have that nail varnish :-P literally everything I buy lately is that colour, it gets me in the mood for summer :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i love those shorts! that mac and cheese looks incredible, you can't beat a bit of melted cheese! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Ah I know melted cheese is my weakness! x

    ReplyDelete