After spending a few days with my Aunty, dad and I made the 9 hour car journey down to the South of France. On our way we took a quick pit stop at our friend Vero's house. I had never been before but had heard the stories of how gorgeous it is. It definitely didn't disappoint, so naturally I couldn't resist taking a few snaps. I can only describe it as a slice of the Cotswolds that somehow flew across the channel and landed in the middle of the French countryside.
Vero owns a patchwork business called Born to Quilt and is a bit of a pioneer on the subject. She is obsessed with everything and anything English and nothing is reflected more so than in her beautiful house and even her gorgeous Lab Lizzy, named after Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice fame (of course!).
We stopped for breakfast but quickly after our bonjours I couldn't resist a wonder around the garden and to see her famous quilt workshop for myself. People come far and wide to visit her in this remote part of France to buy her materials and quilt guides. Everything about her lifestyle and business is totally idyllic not to mention she's a totally lovely person.
Everything about it is typically English, even down to the Farrow and Ball paint she used for her quilt store which sits at the end of her garden.
After I had finished exploring the garden and it's many adorable details I had a little peek inside her house as well.
The house is incredibly charming, everything from the Aga to the Hunter welly collection sums Vero up in a nutshell but nothing does so more than this gorgeous thing. Lizzy completes this place and dog and owner are totally hopelessly devoted to each other.
You can check out Vero's work on her website here or follow her on Facebook to keep up with her goings on!
Unfortunately we didn't stay long, we jumped back in the car (for more of our audio book) and kept on till we reached the coast where I spent the next week soaking up the sun. More on that soon!
M x








Gorgeous place indeed. A true sanctuary.
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely place! x
ReplyDeletehttp://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com/
It really is! x
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate xx
ReplyDelete