I mentioned in one of my last posts that I was at a loss for what to get my mum for her birthday this year and rather than clutter up her life with more mugs and candles (which admittedly we do all love) I decided to take her for afternoon tea instead.
They even rolled out a special birthday cupcake for mum.
I would love to get your recommendations of the best places you've gone for tea in London so leave me a comment if you know a good spot to try out!
There are so many wonderful choices of places to go for tea in London so I did a bit of research and in the end chose the Milestone Hotel in Kensington. I wanted something really traditional and cosey and this place definitely fit the bill…
We ordered some tea and got stuck in to some delicious sandwiches. They had chicken and almond, cucumber and cream cheese, salmon, cured ham and mustard and tomatoe and cheddar. Like my mum said it doesn't matter how fancy it is it's just nice that it's been prepared by someone else and I have to say I totally agree.
Once the sandwiches were all gone they brought out these ginormous scones with clotted cream and jam which were still toasty warm and absolutely delicious... I may have gone overboard with my toppings but I say more is more when it comes to jam!
Finally i had just enough room to take bites out of every patisserie they had to offer, I of course had to try everything! The pistachio cake and financiers were my favourite.
Finally i had just enough room to take bites out of every patisserie they had to offer, I of course had to try everything! The pistachio cake and financiers were my favourite.
They even rolled out a special birthday cupcake for mum.
I would definitely recommend tea at the Milestone It would be the perfect place to warm up after a visit to winter wonder land in Hyde park which reminds me I definitely need to grab some friends and head over for some mulled wine and iceskating soon!
I would love to get your recommendations of the best places you've gone for tea in London so leave me a comment if you know a good spot to try out!
X
Post Comment
Post a Comment