How to Make Cake Pops

Thursday, 30 January 2014
If you have been following my blog from the beginning you may have seen these guys before...

My mum made these for the first time at my sister's wedding last year and they went down so well I didn't even get to try one!

Last week I was talking to Tanya about the launch of her new nail and lipgloss range and she said she really wanted something really cute for the party goody bag, I immediately thought these would be perfect.

To start you need to make a simple sponge cake, we made vanilla, chocolate and red velvet. 


Once the cake is cooked and has had time to cool, crumble it up (don't be shy) and mix together with a small amount of buttercream frosting, roll them into perfect 2 pound coin sized balls and pop them in the fridge to cool until they are firm.


While the cake and buttercream mix is cooling prepare the melted chocolate by heating in the microwave on a super low heat for 30 seconds at a time until silky smooth. 


Once they are firm take your sticks, dip them in the melted chocolate and then pop them (see what I did there?) three quarters of the way through the cake.


Once the chocolate has cooled and the sticks are firmly in place it's ready to dunk in the melted chocolate.


This was quite messy business and we had to work quickly as the chocolate set within seconds.


We decorated them with a sprinkles in every shape and colour possible and Muma Chester even made some hand made sugar flowers which she placed on using icing.


This little guy was on standby for any runaway sprinkles...there were lots.


 The troops hard at work...


There were one or two failed attempts... not much to look at but still tasted amazing!


They passed the taste test!


Once we had finished and everything was set we wrapped them in little individual plastic covers and tied them up with a bit of ribbon.


I think they make the cutest little treat gifts and to top it all off they are just sensationally yummy! Bravo Mama Chester you did it again.

x
6 comments on "How to Make Cake Pops"
  1. I always wonder how you could make this without the cake pop machine! These look incredible!
    Joelle
    xx
    FebruaryGirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My mum is a bit of a genius in the kitchen, I just stand around and take pictures mostly :) It was really fun though and they are so pretty and really really tasty too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I'd love to give them a go!

    chandlernotbing.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! Definitely give it a go you won't regret it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all down to my mum's creative genius but I promise the sprinkles hide a multitude of sins! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab! Can't wait to try them myself! :)

    rosieposiepuddingandpie7.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete