Birthday at Buenos Aires Cafe

Tuesday, 18 February 2014
A few weeks ago it was my sister Sarah's birthday, she and her husband live in beautiful Blackheath so she chose a local to celebrate her day or as Granddad Chester would say "A great day for England".

The evening started with some customary present and card opening - this little gem was from me. Can you ever go wrong with something from Jo Malone? 

I bought her a candle in the scent Pomegranate Noir which is a classic Jo Malone scent that I really love, and I knew it was one she liked too.

Mum and dad bought her her favourite Elie Saab perfume and a Longchamp Pliage bag. Greg bought them tickets to see One Man Two Goveners, which i can highly recommend, funniest thing i've ever seen at the theatre and finally her good friend Helena got her this adorable sugar bowl spoon.


Sarah picked the Buenos Aires Cafe, as the name would suggest, it's a quaint little Argentinian restaurant in the heart of Blackheath.

Naturally steak is the catch of the day, and what drink goes well with red meat...?



We started with a foray of different types of sausages and vegetable platter. The Buffalo Mozzarella and artichoke were particually delicious.


The main event was of course the heifer of a steak that arrived on all of our plates. I can't remember how large they were but needless to say I needed help from the fella to my left to finish it off.


They give you a choice of sauces which are traditional to South America. We went with the Chimichurri which is a zingy herb number which was seriously tasty.

My only qualm was with the chips, they were pretty standard and nothing special. You might say, can a chip really be special, but trust me I have tried some pretty awesome ones in my time to know that these were just OK.


Luckily the steaks were good enough and certainly plenty enough on their own to keep us all smiling at the end of the evening.

Happy Birthday Sarah!
x
Post Comment
Post a Comment