It was one of my best girl friend's birthday a few weeks ago and we celebrated by going for a really dirty delicious meal.
Shauna chose The Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch which I'd never been to for dinner before but the food was really cracking. Unfortunately there was a bit of a mix up with the tables and we ended up on two tables rather than one big table which was a shame and the staff weren't overly helpful brining food out at different times which was a bit annoying - however they plastered us with free champagne to make up for the shortcomings so it wasn't all bad.
Now to the food, you definitely can't expect anything sophisticated hear and can pretty much avoid using cutlery all together if you wanted to. We started with a couple sharing platters. Excuse the grainy pictures i only had my iPhone with me - I like to think it helps bring to life the edgy atmosphere this place had.
For my main i ordered something called 'Burnt Ends' which is essentially marinated grilled chunks of beef with sweet potato fries on the side. The boy and I also ordered a side of mac and cheese (he shares my passion) to share, which was insanely good - i'm talking could be the best i've had good.
I've never tried something like this before but it was really tasty and i'm glad i decided to stray away from the fail safe burger or steak for something a little different.
Mx











Post Comment
Post a Comment