Last week something rather special happened. A couple of my friends and I (with our boyfriends in tow) decided to try The Smokehouse restaurant in Islington. It had been recommended on the basis that it had great meat and great beer. On both fronts it definitely didn't let us down.
Let me introduce you to the "Whole Cow Burger" i can safely say with a fair amount of experience that this is up there with the king of burgers. This guy is so epic no one who ordered it even contemplated trying to pick it up, that's how huge it was. We're talking massive bun, two layers of different beef cuts, proper highland Scottish beef (those ginger hairy Marys) for those of you who need a visual and lots of other fillings in between.
Our waiter took a good 5 minutes talking about what exactly is in this burger and to tell you the truth I can't quite remember but all I can recall is once he stopped talking we all just went yyyeeeaahhh I think i'll go with that please.
Cooked medium rare (apparently the chef flat out refuses to cook certain cuts of meat well done unless you're pregnant) seems a little extreme but as i'm a Frenchie I likey de pink meat.
So anyway this is a short post just to entice you to think of this place next time you're in the area as it really is a gem of a restaurant. The boys were very happy as they had an obscene number of different beers on the menu - meat and beer is pretty much the key to a happy life when it comes to boys.
The waiter did mock me slightly when I was snapping away at my burger so alas I don't have other pictures to share with you but I can confirm that all the other food was spectacular. The pulled pork and roast potatoes we had were cracking and the dessert a "Double D Tart" was also pretty epic.
Our waiter took a good 5 minutes talking about what exactly is in this burger and to tell you the truth I can't quite remember but all I can recall is once he stopped talking we all just went yyyeeeaahhh I think i'll go with that please.
Cooked medium rare (apparently the chef flat out refuses to cook certain cuts of meat well done unless you're pregnant) seems a little extreme but as i'm a Frenchie I likey de pink meat.
So anyway this is a short post just to entice you to think of this place next time you're in the area as it really is a gem of a restaurant. The boys were very happy as they had an obscene number of different beers on the menu - meat and beer is pretty much the key to a happy life when it comes to boys.
The waiter did mock me slightly when I was snapping away at my burger so alas I don't have other pictures to share with you but I can confirm that all the other food was spectacular. The pulled pork and roast potatoes we had were cracking and the dessert a "Double D Tart" was also pretty epic.
Just looking at these snaps is making me want to go back and order up another one!
x

Your food posts are literally porn to me. That burger looks incredible!
ReplyDeleteThis burger looks amazing! can't beat a bit of medium rare x
ReplyDelete