There's one thing in life you just can't do without and that's friends and I mean the really good kind. I've not had the easiest last couple of weeks and with the bad and down right disgustingly ugly, the good have totally come to my rescue and I love them all for it.
One Sunday a few weeks back my besties from university and I went to Hotbox for brunch.
Pretty sure i've mentioned many times before and a lot of you agree, all of the best recommendations of restaurants to visit in London come from the magnificent Ms Londoner herself. Rosie reviewed this place a while back and when the girls and I were thinking of somewhere to go my fellow Londoner follower Lizzy suggested Hotbox. I knew immediately we were in for a treat.
Compulsory coffee included.
Now lets get down to the good stuff. The food is seriously unreal. In particular this baby; asparagus truffle egg toast. SO GOOD.
The whole menu is filled with heavenly options so sharing was definitely on the agenda. Lizzy and I shared the toast and a portion of pork belly eggs Benedict.
A coffee or two later and about 5 bottles of champagne the sweet cravings set in.
So naturally we kept ordering... enter pancakes and waffles.
5 very happy customers...
The views are breathtaking and the decor is right up my street
\
Obligatory toilet selfie.
It was the best day.
I just wanted to take this time to thank all the people that have been so unbelievably kind to me over the last few weeks. Everyone from my best friends to old friends to university friends to work friends and of course my amazing family have been overwhelmingly generous with their kindness and support.
I write this post off the back of speaking to my grandparents, two people who have been together over 50 years and still make each other smile. My grandad is one of my absolute heroes. I think one of the reasons I love quotes so much is because of him. All my life he's been repeating these sayings to me and without realising it they've become some of my favourites. Here are a few he reminded me of tonight.
Try to make the most of life, lose no happy day. Time will never bring me back, chances thrown away.
Think big and you'll get ahead, think small and you'll fall behind. Think that you can and you will, it's all in the state of mind.
Don't drink out of damp glasses
And my personal favourite:
Your generosity exceeds your personal beauty, your face I may forget, your kindness never.
Thank you Grandad.
M x










this is the loveliest post Maddie, it's so so important to find something and some way to find a smile upon your face in the shittiest of times! (Ps the duck & waffle is incredible, I totally agree) xxx
ReplyDelete